Saturday, September 25, 2010

Meeeha ... unusual name (from what I've been told)

I am fortunate to get to do a job I love.  Young children who face challenges learning to communicate, to move, to do the things most children do easily are the munchkins who warm my world each day!  Several years ago, teaching in a classroom for such children in north-central Texas I had a 3-year-old boy who wasn't able to say my name clearly -- his best tries resulted in something that sounded like "meeeha".  I quickly adopted that as my "handle" for many online situations.  

"Meeeha" sounds very similar to "mi hija" (Spanish for my little girl) -- I'm neither "little" nor hispanic in origin. When I met up with some online friends in Fredricksburg, TX for a 'reunion' of sorts -- an opportunity for a group of online teacher friends to meet face-to-face --  one of the gals I met  was quite surprised to see me with fair skin and blond hair!  What's in a name?  Sometimes you just might be surprised!

No comments:

Post a Comment